The academic program is designed to accommodate the needs, interests and qualifications of the individual students while taking advantage of the environment to increase students' facility in the Spanish language and heighten their awareness of Spanish culture through direct contact. Students may elect to study for one semester, for the entire academic year, or in summer.
Students may enroll for 12 credits per semester (or 6 credits in summer) and choose among the following courses:
- SPAN 325 Intermediate Grammar and Writing
- SPAN 330 Intermediate Conversation
- SPAN 340 Phonetics
- SPAN 350 Readings in Literary Genres
- SPAN 371A Spanish for Business and Economics
- SPAN 400 Survey of Spanish Literature
- SPAN 401 Survey of Latin American Literature
- SPAN 425 Advanced Grammar and Composition
- SPAN 430 Spanish Civilization
- SPAN 435 Cervantes
- SPAN 449A Topics in Hispanic Literature
- SPAN 450 Conversation and Writing Skills
- SPAN 452 Introduction to Hispanic Linguistics
Course offerings are subject to sufficient enrollment. Acceptance into the program will be based on academic standing and approval by program director. Each student must be interviewed by Professor Berigan who will also verify the selection of classes.