Segovia has a rich cultural and historic heritage. UNESCO has designated it a “World Heritage City” for its cultural and artistic wonders. These marvels include the Roman Aqueduct, the Gothic Cathedral, the Alcazar, and the Santa Cruz la Real Covenant, now home to the Universidad SEK where classes are held.
The academic program is designed to accommodate the needs, interests and qualifications of the individual students while taking advantage of the environment to increase students' facility in the Spanish language and heighten their awareness of Spanish culture.
Students can enroll in 6 credits during the six week session:
- SPAN 325 Intermediate Grammar and Writing
- SPAN 330 Intermediate Conversation
- SPAN 340 Phonetics
- SPAN 350 Readings in Literary Genres
- SPAN 400 Survey of Spanish Literature
- SPAN 430 Spanish Civilization or Segovia, Patrimonio de la Humanidad
- SPAN 435 Cervantes
- SPAN 450 Conversation and Writing Skills
Course offerings are subject to sufficient enrollment. Acceptance into the program will be based on academic standing and approval by the Director of the Study Abroad Program, Professor Yadira Berigan, and the Resident Director, Professor Linda Luft. Each student will be interviewed by Professor Luft who will also verify the student's selection of classes.