For a specific guide on how format and other requirements follow this call for submissions link
In order to allow new filmmaking formats to enter we are allowing short-films from 1, but no longer than 10 minutes including titles and credits.
• The topic is open.
• The festival committee will not evaluate your language skills and they will not affect the outcome of the winners.
• Films will participate in one of two categories: fiction or non-fiction
• Projects submitted under the non-fiction category will be automatically considered for a special award.
• The special award is an international award given by the “Todos Somos Otros” film festival, (2017 edition) to their sole discretion.
• Films must be in Spanish and/or Portuguese and contain English Subtitles. No other languages are allowed in the contest.
• US Spanish, Portuguese-Spanish code-switching and Spanish-English code-switching varieties are welcome and will not be frowned upon.
• Interviewees (in case you make use of them), can respond questions in English. No more than half of the interviewees is allowed to use English.
• Please be aware of the proper licensing and permissions required for your project if any.
• All films are bound by the terms and conditions of the Spanish and Portuguese Department.