Guidelines for Preparing your Presentation
Please prepare a recorded presentation in the language you will be teaching that describes your professional goals. Please use your normal speaking voice and do not read from a prepared text.
The following questions will guide your presentation. Do not limit yourself to just this information.
- What has your experience been in learning a second language? (Where did you learn it? What methods were used to teach you the language?)
- If you have taught a second language, what techniques did you use?
- Why do you want to teach Spanish or Portuguese as a second language?
- How do you feel that teaching Spanish or Portuguese in a proficiency-oriented program will help you in your career?
- What do you think you will learn from the experience of teaching Spanish or Portuguese as a second language at the University of Arizona?
- What talents and / or experiences will you bring to the program that will enhance your teaching?